Re: [Duplicity-talk] Feature request/discussion: Store identical files o

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Feature request/discussion: Store identical files only once
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:47:04 +0200

> If the backup is on a local file system, then rsnapshot is the tool you
> are looking for. I am using it in parallel to duplicity.
> Or am I missing something?

IIRC, the major reason why I could not use rsnapshot last time I looked at it
was the use of plain rsync and the inability to backup ownership and
permissions. This is fine in some cases, but not in others.

Another minor thing is that I don't *really* like using hard linking tricks,
since it does impose restrictions on which tools I can then use to handle the
backup repository (e.g. to make a backup of the backup).

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to address@hidden