[Duplicity-talk] command differences between duplicity and rsync !?

From: SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] command differences between duplicity and rsync !?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:55:35 +0800

Hi all
Im my very first preparations for an intelligent Backup Solution
I got pointed to rsync ...
... and somewhat later to Duplicity ! ;-)

I am not only new to Duplicity / rsync ...
... I am also quite green / newbie to Linux !! ;-))

Can you advice and guidance me thru the
important command differences between these two ??

Command used with rsync is:
rsync -av --progress /source /target

Important for me is: NO encryption and
other hints and warnings are very appreciated too. ;-D

TIA and cheers
svobi