[Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir documentation in man page

From: daacyy302
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] --archive-dir documentation in man page
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:43:19 -0700

The man page discusses the --archive-dir option twice:

*--archive-dir */path/
    When restoring, specify the local archive directory. This option
    is not necessary, but if hash data is found locally in /path/ it
    will be checked against remote files.

and

To save bandwidth, duplicity generates full signature sets and incremental signature sets. A full signature set is generated for each full backup, and an incremental one for each incremental backup. These start with *duplicity-full-signatures* and *duplicity-new-signatures* respectively. If *--archive-dir* is used, these signatures will be stored locally only, which further saves bandwidth.

The second paragraph implies that the option is used for storing as well as restoring. This should be explained better in the first paragraph. I'd write a proposed correction myself, but I only just started playing with this option and don't pretend to understand it well.

Bob