Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC9 Ready for Test

From: daacyy302
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC9 Ready for Test
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 04:10:20 -0700

Hmm, I've got a problem.

I downloaded and installed Boto, and I renamed my S3 environment variables to AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY. When I run my nightly backup routine as usual, it aborts immediately with the following:

$ duplicity -v 6 --include-globbing-filelist list / s3+http://parkerbackup
Reading globbing filelist list
Found signatures but no corresponding backup files

Bob

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
There are not a lot of changes, but all are big.  See below.

You can download the packages here:
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/

...Thanks,
...Ken

New in v0.4.3.RC9 (2007/07/09)
------------------------------
*** Major changes in this release, tread carefully ***

Change to a max block size of 2048 bytes for rsync difference buffer.
This may slow things down for truly large files, but will give much
smaller deltas on files with numerous small changes, such as database files.

New S3 backend, Boto, from Eric Evans, replaces bitBucket.  Boto can be
obtained from http://code.google.com/p/boto/.  I did not make this a
requirement for setup since its not in the normal repositories.

New FTP backend from Thorsten Schnebeck that uses ncftp instead of
Pythons ftplib.  This seems to be much more solid.  I added the -f
option with a secure temp file to contain host, user, and password,
rather than having them on the command line.  I also added the -m option
to the put command to create the target directory and the -t option to
make sure it times out if there is a network problem.

The Backend class now contains a popen_persist function that acts like
run_command_persist.  Both use the new num_retries global.

Added a commandline option, '--num-retries=<int>', to set the number of
retries.  The default is 5.