Re: [Duplicity-talk] RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:41:04 -0500

Alexander Skwar wrote:

Not being a python export, the error message "RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth
exceeded"
seems to indicate to me, that duplicity called some function recursively
and did so, until a "maximum recursion depth" is reached. Does duplictiy
build a connection to the FTP server in that "loop"?

Yes, it is doing exactly that.  The function error_wrap is recursing on
itself with no counter in place to stop it.  Not sure what the recursion
limit is in Python, but it looks like it did close to 500 recursions
before it finally died, trying to connect to the server.  Since it could
never get a connection, it finally died.

I'll keep this in mind as I try to improve some of the error handling.

Perhaps you could try this run again tonight to see if it fails again?

...Thanks,