Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity "better tar"

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity "better tar"
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 10:23:47 -0500

Douglas Campos wrote:
Hi! Does anyone has some news/stats about this new format? (as
described on the main page).

It has not been implemented or evaluated, to my knowledge.

It will be a while before I can get around to even thinking about new
formats.  Even then, the tradeoff will be whether to go with our own
format, or not.  Why do it when we have stable, well tested, formats
already in place with plenty of well known tools to deal with them?

Plus, there are advantages to building on top of a stable platform
versus building ones tools on ones own platform.  Perhaps when we get
this level robust, we can tackle the layer underneath.