Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity crash

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity crash
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:22:13 -0700

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 03:41:38PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> Why did I expect a --help option to be in there at all?  Because that
> is an emerging standard for friendly Linux programs.  It is handy to
> have a quick summary of usage, even if it is slightly redundant.  The
> goal is to just prompt somebody who knows the program of the exact
> name or usage.  In addition some shells can use --help to do smart
> completion of option names.

Those shells should just read the man page :-P

> It's fairly straightforward to generate --help output from the option
> table (at least with some libraries), or from a subsection of the
> manpage, or whatever.

Actually it is nice and I've use --help myself on occasion.  But I'll
let someone else figure out how to automatically generate it.

BTW, just checked in pwd/grp caching as you suggested.  Since librsync
0.9.6 just came out I will probably release 0.4.1 soon.

--
Ben Escoto