dtas-all

Re: sound card interruptions

From: Eric Wong
Subject: Re: sound card interruptions
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 08:32:02 +0000

Rene Maurer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am using dtas for years now and I am very happy with it. It is
> outstanding.

Good to know.  I've mostly abandoned Ruby, but still use dtas
every day, too :>

> I have a question concerning interruptions between computer and sound
> card (USB). In case this happens dtas-player immediately deletes the
> current playing song as well as the player queue.

Is that from a loose USB cable?  Sometimes they wear out if
you're constantly unplugging/replugging it.

I think it actually tries everything in the queue and fails
every single one before stopping.  I honestly haven't looked
at the code in a long time.

> This behavior is logical. Is it still possibe to avoid this, so that
> dtas continues playing at the same position as before the interruption
> (and without clearing the queue)?

Not sure.  I'm not sure if play(1) exits with enough info to
know it's a recoverable error or not.  I'll have look into it
when I get the chance (maybe in a few weeks, been busy on
other stuff).