dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: add to qi possibility to switch type of ta

From: Matías Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Proposal: add to qi possibility to switch type of tarlz compression granularity
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 08:48:40 -0300

Hi!,

El 2022-05-19 01:31, DustDFG escribió:

> I understand that you want to get the
> smallest possible size of an archive. If I have a fully empty disk
> with 1TB capacity, I may want to get more speed especially if I build
> packages for testing (not for release)...

And this has been optimized in Dragora, not to mention that it is also
subject to build systems, hardware, parallel jobs for the compiler....

I am not sure that I understood it correctly. As I know, qi waste some
time at build time. When I want to build package and install it for
example with the following command `qi build -i`, qi produces the tlz
package and then installs it (unpack). It is visibly when you build
kernel package....

Well, the package specifically in Dragora includes not only the image, but also the modules, moreover the build tree (in another package). We are talking about a huge package (40M compressed), and for what Qi does it (at installation) is pretty good in my opinion.

Try installing the kernel package on Debian, Slackware, or Fedora. And compare which one is faster.