[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Dragora-users] Qi 2.0 released
[Dragora-users] Qi 2.0 released
Sun, 23 Aug 2020 12:27:07 -0300
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I am pleased to announce the release of qi 2.0.
Qi is a simple but well-integrated package manager. It can create,
install, remove, and upgrade software packages. Qi produces binary
packages using recipes, which are files containing specific instructions
to build each package from source. Qi can manage multiple packages
under a single directory hierarchy. This method allows to maintain a
set of packages and multiple versions of them. This means that Qi could
be used as the main package manager or complement the existing one.
Qi offers a friendly command line interface, a global configuration
file, a simple recipe layout to deploy software packages; also works
with binary packages in parallel, speeding up installations and packages
in production. The format used for packages is a simplified but safe
POSIX pax archive compressed with lzip.
Qi is a modern (POSIX-compliant) shell script released under the
terms of the GNU General Public License. There are only two major
dependencies for the magic: graft(1) and tarlz(1), the rest is expected
to be found in any Unix-like system.
Changes in this version (2.0):
* Version 2.0 released.
* The user interface has been revised to better differenciate
and options, for example: `qi install` instead of `qi -i`, `qi
instead of `qi -d`, `qi upgrade` instead of `qi -u`, `qi build`
instead of `qi -b`, and so on.
* The layout of the produced package names has been changed to
differenciate the software name and its version.
* The verbosity level has been changed to a minimal but essential
while it can now be adjusted from the configuration file.
* configure: The --arch= option has been added to define the default
* install: Fix assignation of 'rootdir' when it is empty and it
relies on the value of 'targetdir' when runs a post-install script
* doc: Fix examples for 'rootdir' since the package directory and
the target directory are relative to the specified root directory.
* recipes: Add the special variable 'keep_destdir' to complement
'keep_srcdir' in order to preserve 'destdir' when using build
* Be quieter by default in relation to the graft(1) output, if the
-v option is given it returns to the previous qi output behavior.
* Set the --missing-crc option to tarlz(1) by default to make the
package integrity check more reliable.
* Use the power of awk(1) to display package descriptions.
* Check and report if qi is connected to a terminal when reading
* Qi's messages have been improved to differentiate themselves from
the output of other programs.
* Added "coreutils", "bash", and "mksh" to the blacklist filter when
* Support for the SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH specification has been added.
* Default Qi C flags to be passed to the compiler (QICFLAGS,
has been changed from "-g0 -Os" to "-g0 -O2".
* The DESCRIPTION, OPTIONS, and ENVIRONMENT sections for the man
(generated by help2man) have been reorganized.
* The main Info manual has been refreshed to reflect all these
* The examples in the doc directory have been updated.
* The CREDITS file has been updated.
* Code clean up and minor (but important) enhancements.
The sources can be downloaded from
from an available mirror
The SHA256 sum is:
Please send bug reports and suggestions to <email@example.com>.
Matias Fonzo, qi author and maintainer.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Dragora-users] Qi 2.0 released,
Matias Fonzo <=