dragora-users

[Dragora-users] development: Boot process

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: [Dragora-users] development: Boot process
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 17:15:17 -0300

Hi again,

In the last days of this month, I have put a heap of effort to provide
the init scripts for incoming version.  The same runs under sinit[1].

I am very satisfied because I think that a good quality has been
achieved.  Currently scripts can:

- Initialize the system and shutdown the sytem:

  * Mount the essential file systems.
  * Start eudev for the subsystems and the devices.
  * Check the file system, root/locals.
  * Activate possible swap devices.
  * Load kernel modules, set kernel parameters.
  * Activate the loopback device using ip(8), with fallback support in
    ifconfig(8).
  * Set up the system clock accorded to the config file, for the time
    zone.
  * The keyboard map, accorded to the value in the config file.
  * ...

(Something similar to the inverse can be imagined for the shutdown
script)

The boot-time system initialization script is prepared to handle LVM
devices, activate the sound system via ALSA, configure possible ISA
Plug-and-Play devices (legacy).

To complete the support is required:

Primary (for the alpha version):
  - Recipe for inetutils.
  - Recipe for iproute2.
  - Recipe for iptables.
  - Recipe for tcpdump.
  - Recipe for a dhcp implementation.

(This will cover the basic networking support)

Secondary:
  - Recipes for LVM.
  - Recipes for ALSA.
  - The recipe for isapnptools (x86 legacy).
  - Encryption support (LUKS+dm-crypt): recipes for produce the
    packages + instructions for the startup/shutdown of the system
    (bootscripts[2]).

If anyone is interested in helping or has previous experience with all
of these things, please let me know.

All the best,
Matías

Links: