dragora-members

Re: [Dragora-members] New website navigation ready

From: Michael Siegel
Subject: Re: [Dragora-members] New website navigation ready
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 20:17:06 +0200

Am 13.09.20 um 19:17 schrieb Matias Fonzo:
> El 2020-09-13 10:13, Michael Siegel escribió:
>> If you give the links to those news items you want to add, I can put
>> them on the News page and also update the Latest News section on the
>> Home page.
>>

> Sure..:
>
> What is lost for the general news registry is:
>
> Qi 1.4:
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/dragora-users/2020-04/msg00000.html
> Qi 2.0:
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/dragora-users/2020-08/msg00000.html
> Qi 2.1:
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/dragora-users/2020-09/msg00000.html
>
> I think the relevant thing for "Latest news" would be to show the news
> in this order:
>
> * 2020-09-07 Qi 2.1 released.
> * 2020-08-23 Qi 2.0 released.
> * 2019-10-16 Dragora 3.0-beta1 has been announced.
>
> Qi 2.0 is important because is a major version compared to 1.4 and
> previous 1.x.  And Qi 2.1 is the fixed (minor) version.

I'd say that introducing priorities for news items would really make
things unnecessarily complicated. Why not just have "Latest News" show
the latest three news items? That would also be true to what "Latest
News" means. ;)

> It is probably good to send an email with information about what is
> missing for the -beta2 to the general list and put a link on the Latest
> News...

Sure. But I think it would be best to base that on a well-organized TODO
file for -beta2 that resides in the Git repository and is updated when
necessary.

--Michael