dragora-members

Re: [Dragora-members] Website: Icons indicating off-site links

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-members] Website: Icons indicating off-site links
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:10:14 -0300

El 2020-06-21 09:34, Michael Siegel escribió:
Am 19.06.20 um 14:04 schrieb Matias Fonzo:
Not much to add, we should just try to make and keep visible our
transparency and commitment to free software, ensuring that the material
we provide here is the right reflection of a 100% free project.

I've found what I think is a suitable icon on Wikimedia Commons.[1]

It's licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0, i.e., the same license we're using for
the website.

I've re-colored it to match the color scheme of the site and done a test
build. Here's a screen shot of the result:

  https://www.msiism.org/fd/XkNJ8f5M/Dragora-front_page-20200621.png

Looks pretty good if you ask me.

Very good!

I'm using a PNG version in the above, however, and still have to figure
out how to a) re-color the SVG and b) get that SVG to display at 12x12
pixels rather than just 10x10.

If anyone knows how those things are done, help would be very much
appreciated.

Inkscape?.

But first, let me hear what you think about using that icon in the first
place.

Just one minor question. Wouldn't it have to be a different color (compared to internal links) to be used or referenced externally?.

[1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:External-link-03-10x10.svg