dotgnu-pnet

RE: [Pnet-developers] re: [DotGNU] Memory usage on an embedded system

From: Gopal V
Subject: RE: [Pnet-developers] re: [DotGNU] Memory usage on an embedded system
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:27:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> > I had to make a few changes to the thin-locks to
> make
> > it work. I move the GetObjectLockWordPtr out of
> the
> > locked code to prevent a dead lock. (tum: is that
> > correct ?).
>

> No!!!  The dead lock needs to be traced and fixed.
> That lock is required :\

But that *is* the deadlock -

ILLockWord
CompareAndExchangeObjectLockWord(ILExecThread *thread,

        /* Lockdown the monitor hashtable */

ILMutexLock(thread->process->monitorSystemLock);

       lockWordPtr = GetObjectLockWordPtr(thread,
obj);

GetObjectLockWordPtr waits on the same lock *after*
it has been locked by the statement above.

See log attached :)
Gopal