dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] [bugs #9777] listview control is unusable

From: Gopal.V
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #9777] listview control is unusable

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #9777] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Gopal.V <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Mon 10/18/2004 at 06:07 (Asia/Calcutta)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Invalid
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Closing this bug right now. ListView is still a TODO but
this bug is not valid.

[bugs #9777] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Harry Mofo
On: Tue 07/27/2004 at 02:01

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Invalid
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  using pnetlib-0.6.6 on Suse9.1.  Any attempt to use one
of ListView's collections results in a runtime error like:

token 0x0A00001C: member `System.Windows.Forms.ListView.get_Columns' not found
lvtest.exe: unresolved external references

or

token 0x0A00001C: member `System.Windows.Forms.ListView.get_Items' not found
lvtest.exe: unresolved external references

The control also does not seem to paint itself on the parent form.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Mon 10/18/2004 at 06:07       By: Gopal.V <t3rmin4t0r>

Date: Thu 07/29/2004 at 00:18       By: Harry Mofo <HarryMofo>
The runtime errors were caused by a conflict with parts of dotGNU 0.6.2 that I
didn't know were installed.

After looking at ListView.cs it seems that the control's lack of visible
manifestation is due to the fact that it's just not finished.  At the very
least, I think it is supposed to override the OnPaint method and draw something.

I might be able to flesh-out other parts of the code but the drawing is beyond
my abilities right now.  It's my bad luck that my first dotGNU project requires
listview controls.
  :^(

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9777>