dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] [bugs #10707] assemblies are serialized 'to late' or w

From: Andre Seidelt
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #10707] assemblies are serialized 'to late' or wrong

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #10707] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Andre Seidelt
On: Sun 10/17/2004 at 10:48

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  None
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  When serializing objects it may happen that the Assembly
entry is serialized AFTER the object referencing it. This is especially true
for object arrays.
For arrays there even exists a bug which serializes the
'no assembly' for synthetic types into the stream.

I'm not sure if this is forbidden with MS.NET, but I never found a case where
it happened in MS.NET streams.
Nonetheless the current implementation of pnet fails to deserialize such
streams.

the attached patch seems to fix that problem and a case, where the wrong type
was used when serializing object arrays.

PLEASE NOTE:
don't apply the parts enclosed in "// ILU" and "// endILU"
as these are only relevant for my patched version of pnet!

File Attachments

Date: Sun 10/17/2004 at 10:48  Name: BinWriter.patch  Size: 2.21KB   By: Ilu
the patch
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=10707&amp;item_file_id=1768