dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] Pocket PC Apps

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Pocket PC Apps
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:29:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Have a peek at http://mifki.ru/pcsharp/ :)

> I want use Portable.NET to develop PPC applications.
> Sorry, but I'm newbie in this platform.

Since cscc doesn't use any C# libraries to run,
you can link a .cs file against any mscorlib.dll

cscc -L /<where_pocketpc_mscorlib_is>/ -lmscorlib
-nostdlib file.cs

should give you a .exe linked against any mscorlib
(be it , CF , framework1.1 or pnetlib's default
framework2.0 mscorlib)

But - be warned pnetlib's default installation
gives you a Framework 2.0 binary on compilation.
That might run only on Whidbey Beta of .NET (since
pnetlib has System.IO.Compression, System.IO.Ports,
the new Console implementation etc...)

Use a pnetlib install with framework1.1 to get it to
work with .NET .

Gopal