dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #9777] listview control is unusable

From: Harry Mofo
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #9777] listview control is unusable
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:53:24 -0500

On Tuesday, July 27 2004 11:44, Stefan Lang wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 27. Juli 2004 04:02 schrieb Harry Mofo:
> > /************************************************************************
> >** / [bugs #9777] Full Item Snapshot:

> > Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
> > Submitted by: Harry Mofo
> > On: Tue 07/27/04 at 02:01
> >
> > Category:  None
> > Severity:  5 - Average
> > Item Group:  None
> > Resolution:  None
> > Assigned to:  None

> > Original Submission:  using pnetlib-0.6.6 on Suse9.1.  Any attempt to use
> > one of ListView's collections results in a runtime error like:
> >
> > token 0x0A00001C: member `System.Windows.Forms.ListView.get_Columns' not
> > found lvtest.exe: unresolved external references
> >
> > or
> >
> > token 0x0A00001C: member `System.Windows.Forms.ListView.get_Items' not
> > found lvtest.exe: unresolved external references
> >
> > The control also does not seem to paint itself on the parent form.
>
> Perhaps pnet 0.6.4 is installed on your machine. It comes with SUSE 9.1.
> You have to remove 0.6.4 with YAST first and then install the newer pnet
> version.

You seem to be at least partially correct.  I had a couple 0.6.2 packages
installed and didn't know it.  After removing them and 0.6.6 and rebuilding
and reinstalling 0.6.6, the runtime errors have gone away.

The control still has no visible presence.  Perhaps there are still some
vestiges of the old stuff or maybe there is a property with an incorrect
default value.  I'll look into both of those possibilities.  Thanks for the
clue.