Re: [DotGNU]__gc arrays

From: Alex Stephens
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]__gc arrays
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:44:19 +0000

Thanks Rhys. I'm aware that cscc is a C compiler but I don't see why this
should prevent managed arrays. In fact, I can get a managed array in cscc using:
__box int array[]=new __box int[10];
but then it won't work with normal subscripting i.e. array[0]=0; gives
"subscripted value is neither array nor pointer" error.
If this functionality is not already implemented, I think it would make a very
useful contribution to pnet (no buffer overflows or memory leaks in C code).

Regards,
Alex