Re: [DotGNU]I give up

From: Mohan Embar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]I give up
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 01:26:43 -0500

>> I'm open to suggestions as to what we should do.
>
>I can try to find someone to take over before I kill myself.
>I got a couple weeks worth of xanax and 10 oz of ethanol, so I 'm not sure of
>my prospects of waking up tomorrow.

I'm inclined to take this seriously. My excuses to the list if this is
off-topic,
or disturbing, and I hesitated before CCing the list, but I know from experience
that suicide threats should be taken seriously.

A psychologist once told me that suicide is a long-term solution
to a short-term problem. I don't know you and have never been
on #dotgnu, but I'm inclined to believe the accounts I've heard
of your instigation. Also, from what I can glean, you appear to be
an intelligent, albeit moody person. Even though you may not be
doing well mentally at the moment, I implore you to consider that
medication and therapy have helped many people that I know,
sometimes with almost miraculous turnarounds.

Even in the depths of despair, don't forget that taking your life will
forever rob you of whatever nice moments you would have otherwise
gotten. Even if you don't work on free software, please apply every
ounce of your intelligence to seeking the help you need so that
you don't deprive yourself of what's rightfully yours.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/