Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU user newbie

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU user newbie
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 04:14:28 -0700 (PDT)

I forgot the disclaimer : I am not speaking in any way officially for
the dotgnu project.

ok, back to the regular program.

--- Laurentiu Matei <address@hidden> wrote:
> James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> >I have put my article/tutorial on hold. If you want to work with me
> on
> >it, that would be cool : You can find some examples webservices here
> :
> >http://demo.dotgnu.org/~mdupont/
> >
> Thanks for the link!
> I'd be glad to help you with the article. Please send me the current
> status and what more needs to be done.

OK. Well we worked out a plan. basically the issue is of sessions that
are not supported right now. My plan was to handle a simple user
webservice that has a user database with various attributes.

we need for this :
1. some way to store the user information in a database, right now we
are using just test files. if you want to setup an example postgres
dotgnu backend that would be great. last I checked the db on demodotgnu
org was broken.

> >in fact, send you ssh public key to address@hidden and request to get
> >developers account on demo.dotgnu.org
> >
> I will.
>
> >Right now, non lots of vapor.  MDS is working on some stuff right
> now.
> >Do you have any experince with SAML and XACML?
> >
> No. I'm new into the whole XML / Web service thing but I will have to
>
> adapt very fast. :-)

But if you want to do a review and report on them , that woudl be
interesting.

> After getting the CVS source I saw there is an apache2 directory, but
>
> it's empty. Is there a dgee module that works with Apache 2?

I dont know. I avoided getting into the whole install thing by using
the demo machine. In fact, that is a good point.

Why dont we work on making an bullet proof installation guide? NPG ,
CDS and Minddog  have done great work on that. That would be really
needed.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont