Re: [DotGNU]Drive 2.0 on pnet

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Drive 2.0 on pnet
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:04:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- Rahul Singh <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I finally took the time to sit down and finish building and
> installing
> dotgnu on my RH 7.1 box.
>
> Thanks for all the help.
>
> You can read my article about Drive and linux at
> www.DriveRDF.org/articles along with a download for the dotGNU
> runtime.
>
> I have to say that installing pnet was very smooth unlike some other
> systems that I tried out.

Great. This is very good news.

David beckett has told me of his work to get Redland running under
DotGnu with Pinvoke. This is also good news.

Soon I will find time to review both of your work and integrate them
into the dotgnu.rdf classlib. That should allow the users a plug and
play backend of either : the Drive-Driver, the Redland-Driver or the
primitave EulerSharp based Driver.

With that done, I will be able to put EulerSharp on top of this api,
and then it can use and test the various RDF backends.

Also, we should be able to abstract an storage system so that we can
slide in an Postgres or Mysql backend behind the RDf engine. That means
an new set of Storage Implementations that would be fitting into this
framework.

What do you think?

mike

=====