[DotGNU]Mac OS X problems

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Mac OS X problems
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 16:16:15 +1000

Can anyone help Andrew with his problem?  The obvious things - check DISPLAY
and libX11.dylib - didn't seem to work.

Cheers,

Rhys.

Subject: Greetings and sure hope you might be able to help...
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:17:43 -0500
From: Andrew Troelsen <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

hello there!  I have PNet up and running on my Red Hat Linux box (love
it!) however on my Mac OS X, I find problems
when I attempt to run any of the WinForms examples.  Specifically, I
keep ending up with the following stack trace:

Uncaught exception: Xsharp.XCannotConnectException: Cannot open display
         at Xsharp.Display.OpenInternal(String, Application) in
./Display.cs:184
         at Xsharp.Display.Open(String, Application) in ./Display.cs:204
         at Xsharp.Application..ctor(String, String[]) in
./Application.cs:252
         at System.Drawing.Toolkit.DrawingToolkit..ctor() in
./DrawingToolkit.cs:47
         at System.Reflection.ClrConstructor.Invoke(BindingFlags,
Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
         at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[]) in
./System/Reflection/ConstructorInfo.cs:61
         at System.Drawing.Toolkit.ToolkitManager.CreateDefaultToolkit()
in ./Toolkit/ToolkitManager.cs:176
         at System.Drawing.Toolkit.ToolkitManager.get_Toolkit() in
./Toolkit/ToolkitManager.cs:44
         at
System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateToolkitWindow(IToolkitWindow) in
./Form.cs:560
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle() in
./Control.cs:1381
         at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle() in ./Form.cs:933
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControlInner() in
./Control.cs:1321
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl() in
./Control.cs:1316
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs) in
./Control.cs:3922
         at
System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs) in
./ScrollableControl.cs:186
         at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs) in
./Form.cs:1168
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean) in
./Control.cs:2358
         at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean) in
./Form.cs:1252
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean) in
./Control.cs:1169
         at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Show() in ./Control.cs:2371
         at MyApp.Main()

I know you are way busy, but if there is any way you would maybe help
me along, I would be SO grateful :-)
(I am guessing a path setting issue, but not sure what else to add to
my .tcshrc file?)

Thanks again,

Andrew Troelsen