[DotGNU]YOID: More P2P Internet Broadcasting

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: [DotGNU]YOID: More P2P Internet Broadcasting
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:34:00 -0400

YOID is a DARPA-sponsored project, and stands for "Your Own
Internet Distribution."  It's for GNU/Linux and Windows.
The license looks pretty liberated, though I personally
can't assess it -- it's not copyleft, in any case.  I've
pasted the text from two pages at the YOID website below.

Quote: To demonstrate the utility of this feature, we offer
the ability to run the common IP multicast-based audio/video
conferencing tools over Yoid.

-- Seth

(Comment forwarded from Decentralization list,
address@hidden)