[DotGNU]The most Free distributions

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: [DotGNU]The most Free distributions
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 02:10:41 -0400 (EDT)

There is a recent interview with RMS about UnitedLinux.

http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=125

In this interview RMS says:

"Today all the commercial packagers of GNU/Linux add non-free software.
Several of them--with the notable exception of Red Hat and
Mandrake--develop non-free software to add to GNU/Linux."

I take this as an endoresment of Red Hat and Mandrake.  This makes me
happy because they also happen to be the distributions I like best.

I also understand that the download editions of these distributions are
all-free software.  Is that correct?

Dear RMS,

Since you read this list, I would like to ask you:  Do you hold Red Hat
and Mandrake on a higher regard than most other distributions?

Regards,
Daniel.