Re: How portable is it ? (was: [DotGNU]Embedding Portable.NET)

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: How portable is it ? (was: [DotGNU]Embedding Portable.NET)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:01:37 +1000

James Mc Parlane wrote:

> How about a script that does a cvs update, cleans, builds,tests and emails
> rhys :)

How about not. :-)

Seriously, the person running the build box for platform X
should perform the first line of checking to see if the
bug is platform-specific or something else.  And then
e-mail me a patch, or a "huh? what is this?" message.

Automating the build from a cron job is a good idea.
Filling up my inbox with 100 automated copies of
"build breaks" because I forgot to check in a file
isn't.  Even worse would be "build is OK" messages
sent to me once a day by a dozen build-robots.

I'll investigate writing a build script that people can
use to do automated builds.  But sending the output to
me without filtering it first would be a bad idea.

Cheers,

Rhys.