[DotGNU]hacking pnetlib/CVS problem (was Re: multiplying the impl_buffer

From: S11001001
Subject: [DotGNU]hacking pnetlib/CVS problem (was Re: multiplying the impl_buffer)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 17:17:28 -0500

Everyone: I know this is right in the middle of the conversation, but I think that these sorts of conversations are most useful when everyone is included ;)

Haran Shivanan wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2002, I believe S11001001 said

I said * 3, I meant *1.5 (or *3/2, which is even slower than plain *3)

Here is my implementation of growStream, which is used in SetLength, Capacity, and should be used in the Write methods. It's at the bottom of MemoryStream.cs

I just got the daily snapshot for May-26 and the growStream code is not
there so I'll assume you've added it afterwords. I'll get the next
snapshot and work with that then.

Yes, I'm going to see what I can do about Uri*, so hack away! BTW, there is a patch submission location that I *do* look at, <https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?group_id=353&set=custom&_assigned_to=0&_status=1&_category=100&SUBMIT=Browse>. That way, if I ever DO neglect you, then there's always Rhys ;)

Oh, when you mentioned the StringBuffer.cs class, did you mean
StringBuilder.cs? I couldn't find StringBuffer.cs in
runtime/System/Text...

yeah, my bad

PS:Do you by any chance, know how to use CVS from behind a proxy?
Grabbing daily snapshots is kinda inconvinient.

Sorry, I chose to prioritize differently when learning GNU/Linux...I chose to learn the developer stuff instead of system stuff. Therefore I don't know much about the nasty details of sys config.

Savannah says you can access through the https port, if that's any help (sure). but I think that's more for firewall problems. See <https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=353> for Savannah's info, but you've probably already looked at that.

And there's always the `hack cvs to add proxy support' option... ;P

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://www.dotgnu.org

I see you chose the password "starfish." I suggest that you switch to
the password "carriage return." It's much easier to type, and also it
stands up to the principle that there should be no passwords.
        -- Output to a user trying to change his password on the MIT
        LCS system, part of RMS's 0-length password crusade