[DotGNU]ilrun_opt discontinued

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]ilrun_opt discontinued
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:09:34 +1000

After a weekend of tweaks, hacks, computed gotos, and sundry
spit and baling wire, I have done away with ilrun_opt from
the CVS version of pnet.

The changes have made ilrun at least as fast as ilrun_opt
used to be, without any unnecessary assembly code hacks
(e.g. asmfix).  It's all pure gcc now, which should also
give a performance boost to non-x86 platforms.

I'm now running at a PNetMark of 419, up from 385 yesterday.
The improvement was mostly due to the above tweaks, together
with reduced overhead in method calls.  More improvements
are in the pipeline.

Cheers,

Rhys