Re: [DotGNU]WikiTexi (was documentation/manual tool and DotGNU Task List

From: Rich Hilliard
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]WikiTexi (was documentation/manual tool and DotGNU Task List)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 09:48:49 -0500

| After the mails that have flown around regarding documentation, I've posted
| the result of some research and thinking I did at
|
|    <http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2mqqv/wikitexi-req.html>
|
| I'm interested in all of your thoughts, especially wrt additional (or
| implicit) requirements.

I think you have made a great start. A couple comments:

  * Be fun. (Any suggestions for metrics?)

Number of downloads of upgrades, number of repeat users.  If something
is fun to use, people keep using it.

  * Allow for additional levels of privileges - document editors,
    section editors, moderated writers. Moderated writers'
    contributions must be approved by appropriate section or document
    editors. (see Collaboration)

Add "skeleton editors" as a level of privileges above document
editors.  Hmmm, originally I interpreted "skeleton" as "document
type", but as I look again, I think you mean more than just the doc type...

Under Collaboration, you have 3 levels of "editorial
responsibility". Do you want to treat document commentary under the
same mechanism?  Anyone should be able to annotate, comment on the
document via the collaboration mechanism?  Or maybe this is covered by
your level Moderated Edits.

 -- Rich Hilliard