Re: [DotGNU]SourceForge drifting

From: tony stanco
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]SourceForge drifting
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:08:00 -0500

>There is a very good chance I can get some grant money from the NSF for
this
>with George Washington University and Cyberspace Policy Institute as
>sponsors. I think $500,000 is possible.
>
>We would need documentation and specs for the application. There is a
>December 5 deadline for some IT projects. I would have to check to see if
>this can be fit in there.

Before people get too many visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads, I
am talking to Richard about which projects are strategic and need to be
funded first. Savannah as a developer tool is important, so documentation
and specs and feedback on strategic projects help regardless. The level and
timing of funding for any projects depends on a number of factors, including
application due dates, funds available and number of universities involved.
December 5 is just the next deadline. NSF distributes over $150 million in
grants annually for IT projects and we will get our share.

The money available for Dec 5 will be distributed whether we get an
application in or not, so putting something together for Savannah if we
can't get anything else in by that time, does no harm. If nothing gets in,
because the time is short, we will put applications in the next rounds.

I am working with a number of other agencies, including international ones,
so some funding should be forthcoming to help us during the year for
multiple projects.

Best regards,

Tony Stanco, Esq.
Senior Policy Analyst