dolibarr-dev

Re: [Dolibarr-dev] webservices

From: Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] webservices
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 20:04:42 +0200

2 point of view are possible:

1) A low level service may not check permission to be fast and let this to then customer.
2) A low level service may always check permission so it can't be used to bypass gui and create holes. This reduce a little speed when doing mass insert web service after web service.

Web service is alaready natively a slow technology and is designed to provide "unit" service. So performance is not priority because for performance, we will make mass actions and web service is not designed for that. So we must go toward the number 2.  And if some checks are not done in some function, it is just because developer forgot it.

Hi,

IMHO, the better approach would be a MVC design with permission checking in controllers but that is also lot of work ;-)

Best regards