dolibarr-dev

Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Freeze 4.0

From: Olivier Geffroy
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Freeze 4.0
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 21:05:03 +0200

I'm not agree for accountancy

accountancy will be a stable module (I hope) in 4.0
and it's a big up
I know a lot of companies who won't use dolibarr because of the lack of accountancy
Accountancy is the first core module produced by crowdfunding (an another big up)

Structural change are good for coder not for companies (but I agree we need structural change and also take care of a good migration between version)

Companies who use dolibarr,  want useful features (and I have a big list of it)

(Sorry for my pooor english tonight, I need to sleep)

SOOORRRY

I’m not agree to call this version 4.0, for me it’s just a 3.10.

This version is not a major version because we have

-          No structural change in the database (uniformising of principal fields name ex : ‘numfac’ instead ‘ref’

-          No really news feature (accountancy and multicurrency are present in previous version as experimental module or additional module)

-          No structural change in the code management (MVC structure, folders, …)

call this version 4.0 is not honest

Bien cordialement,

Charlie Benke