dolibarr-bugtrack

[Dolibarr-bugtrack] [Bug #1545] Client status trigger

From: Doliforge
Subject: [Dolibarr-bugtrack] [Bug #1545] Client status trigger
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 17:06:35 +0100

Doliforge
Is this email not displaying correctly?
update email preferences.

Client status trigger

Latest modifications

Changes:
  • Severity:
46

Answer now

Snapshot

 Details
Last Modified On:  2014-08-16 22:26 Submitted by:  Raphaël Doursenaud (rdoursenaud)
Submitted on:  2014-08-04 19:29
This is far too soon for correct qualification.
The client status should only be added on proposal signature.

3.5.x is affected, don't know about 3.4
Step to reproduce bug:  Create a prospect thirdparty
Make a proposal.
The thirdparty is now prospect/client.
Detected in version:  develop Category:  Module: Proposals
Severity:  6 OS Type/Version:
PHP version:   Database type and version:
 Status
Resolution:  None

Comments

Raphaël Doursenaud 2014-08-16 22:26
@Laurent: Sounds reasonable to me.
Laurent Destailleur 2014-08-16 17:28
I suggest the following change:
- We change default behaviour to have prospect become prospect+customer when proposal is signed (and only signed).
- We add an option into proposal module setup to also change type like it does currently.
Raphaël Doursenaud 2014-08-07 14:25
Well, I always found this originality to be a good thing.
We use it to separate clients we have nothing to do with (commercially speaking) from clients where there are still opportunities for upselling (client/prospect).

This is not a good place do discuss it though, let's try to stick to the bug report topic.
Cedric GROSS 2014-08-07 13:19
I'm sorry, but I think you get status mixed up.
There are 4 status :
0= not customer, 1=customer, 2=prospect, 3=customer and prospect

I speak about the fourth (3). I ever understand how a third-party could be both a customer and a prospect.
Raphaël Doursenaud 2014-08-07 12:22
Let me politely disagree.
The actual feature is named prospect. I expect it to behave like it.

If you'd like to see a suspect feature come into play, please open a task for it (And feel free to CC me) but don't change the meaning of a feature we use daily for several years now.
Cedric GROSS 2014-08-07 11:36
Hi Raphael.
I'm agree with you. That's the point, may be we just need to rename 'prospect/customer' status to 'suspect'
Raphaël Doursenaud 2014-08-07 10:56
Invoicing is also a good time, maybe even better.
And no, Cédric, a customer (using client was a mistake) is a customer, nothing else.
If you need more granularity before selling, adding a suspect status could have meaning but this is another story.
Marcos García 2014-08-07 10:50
From my point of view, a potential client is a *client* when an invoice is done. Until that it remains being a prospect..
Cedric GROSS 2014-08-07 10:39
The big question is : What is the meaning of 'prospect/client' status ?
If it's: it's a prospect that could be become a client, setting this when proposal done is the good timing.