dolibarr-bugtrack

[Dolibarr-bugtrack] [Bug #739] Installer hangs or loops

From: Doliforge
Subject: [Dolibarr-bugtrack] [Bug #739] Installer hangs or loops
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 03:00:26 -0800

Doliforge
Is this email not displaying correctly?
update email preferences.

Installer hangs or loops

Snapshot

 Details
Submitted by:  J. Moen (rastatech) Submitted on:  2013-03-01 03:00
Last Modified On:  2013-03-01 03:00 Dolibarr version:  3.3
PHP version:  5.3.22 Database type and version:  mySQL 5
OS Type/Version:  SunOS 5.1 Category:  Other
Severity:  4

When supplied with correct parameters, install never completes, but appears to hang or loop.

Host requires databases be created usingphpMyAdmin, which assigns database name and owner's username.

I added print statements to etape1.php -- it never came back from function call to getDoliDBInstance, whose code is in /core/lib/functions.lib.php. I added trace statements and discovered it died or never came back from this statement in that function:

$dolidb=new $class($type, $host, $user, $pass, $name, $port);

When I supply the real dbusername (which is address@hidden), then control never comes back from the above statement.

When I re-run and supply an incorrect username without the at-sign, e.g. "xxxxxx" then it does not loop, but immediately comes back with an error message:

Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'hirrwi.store' (using password: YES)
As connection failed, host or super user parameters must be wrong.
Go backward and correct wrong parameters.

I am guessing when I left out the @riktor.store, my host supplied a default value for the remainder of the username, and that is invalid.

I don't know if the @ or at-sign in the db username is causing this statement to loop or die. I am forced by the hosting company to use that username for the database.

Note: I have installed another application (Moodle, a course or class management system) written in PHP and mySQL. It did not have any problems with a username with an at-sign.

Is there any way around this, so the full username with "@" will not cause the install code to hang?

Step to reproduce bug:  Using FTP, moved latest source to folder /dolibarr under root. Using browser, started /dolibarr/install/index.php. Selected "Fresh install" - Start. Filled in required fields including hostname, dbname, dbowner, password. Chose mysqli (later also tried older mysql.)

Clicked Next step-> Response was etape1.php's header, with browser clocking, waiting for remainder of response.

Eventually a blank message box appeared, but no message in it. No form, no button to click to continue the install.

 Status
Resolution:  None Assigned to:  None

Answer now