dmidecode-devel

[dmidecode] OEM type 236 for HPe Gen10(+) servers

From: Erwan Velu
Subject: [dmidecode] OEM type 236 for HPe Gen10(+) servers
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 10:44:13 +0100

Hi,
I've been able to discuss with HPe around the type 236 which is very useful
to decode how servers are connected to the Storage Box.
They acknowledge we share this patch with the upstream project. We are
pushing to get more OEM types being contributed as they are very useful.

This patch was written against 3.3 and was tested in production on Gen10+
servers.

Therefore, I have an issue with this patch as I can't put it inside the HPe
quirks.
The OEM type is read before the vendor. Do you know how I can workaround
this ?

Cheers,
Erwan,