dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] contribute to dmidecode for spec 2.8 and 3.0

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] contribute to dmidecode for spec 2.8 and 3.0
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:40:56 +0200

Hi Sai,

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 11:23:01 -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> Yes, thanks for the information and the ticket about Contribution
> information. I think I spoke too soon :). I was using dmidecode-2.12 via
> buildroot and thought that was on the HEAD of the source tree. I
> realized after I did a git clone of the code that all that I needed was
> already there.

OK, great.

> I found a typo that the 2.8 specification corrected that I didn't see in
> the code so I'll submit that :).

Please do!

> I was also wondering why aren't the names such as '(7.5.2) Processor
> Family' are not the same as those in the specification ?

This particular example seems to match just fine, both specification
versions 2.8.0 and 3.0.0 have "7.5.2 Processor Information - Processor
Family" and the source code has:

static const char *dmi_processor_family(const struct dmi_header *h, u16 ver)
{
        const u8 *data = h->data;
        unsigned int i, low, high;
        u16 code;