dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] contribute to dmidecode for spec 2.8 and 3.0

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] contribute to dmidecode for spec 2.8 and 3.0
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 11:21:09 +0200

Hi Sai,

Le Friday 21 August 2015 à 17:01 +0000, address@hidden a écrit :
> I am in the process of modifying dmidecode 2.12 to add support for
> SMBIOS spec 2.8 and following which I plan to add support for 3.0 as
> well.

dmidecode already supports SMBIOS 2.8 and 3.0...

> I didn't find a CONTRIBUTION file in the CVS source tree or a link on
> the project page.

... which you should have figured out already if you checked out the CVS
version of the code.

The README file contains the following note:

If you want to help with the development of dmidecode, please consider
joining the dmidecode-devel discussion list:

But I agree the contribution process could be better documented. I've
created a support ticket for that:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?108872

> Can anyone please let me know what is the process for contributing
> code ? Where can I submit my changes for review ?

Posting patches to this mailing list is the appropriate process. For
features which aren't already implemented, that is ;-)

Note: the CVS tree is frozen now as we just moved to git.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support