dmidecode-devel

[dmidecode] custom dmidecode

From: Prashant Saxena
Subject: [dmidecode] custom dmidecode
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 18:18:45 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

ubuntu 8.04 LTS hardy
gcc version 4.2.4

I am creating a small utility to get system info. I am using ripped version of
dmidecode 2.11.
While compiling I am getting an error in main function:

 error: invalid conversion from ‘void*’ to ‘u8*’

The reason being is that in main buf is defined as 'u8' type
    u8 *buf;
   if ((buf = mem_chunk(fp, 0x20, opt.devmem)) == NULL)

where as mem_chunk return a void pointer

Any pointers? I am not well verse in using c/c++

Prashant