dmidecode-devel

Re: [dmidecode] Enabling EFI for Intel x86 too?

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [dmidecode] Enabling EFI for Intel x86 too?
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:46:31 +0100

Hi Petter,

Sorry for the late answer.

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:59:42 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> In debian bug <URL: http://bugs.debian.org/375997 >, a Mac user point
> out that the recent Intel based Mac machines are using EFI instead of
> BIOS, and that dmidecode should have EFI support on x86 as well.
>
> Is this a known problem?  How can it best be fixed in dmidecode?

It is a known issue, and is already fixed in dmidecode-CVS for a long
time now (May 2006), thanks to a contribution by Matthew Garrett.
Unfortunately I couldn't find the time to release a new version of
dmidecode since then. I hope to be able to sort out the main pending
issues by February (most notably SMBIOS 2.5 support) and release
version 2.9 then.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare