Re: Suggestion for new website - GNUstepWeb

From: Xavier Brochard
Subject: Re: Suggestion for new website - GNUstepWeb
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 13:52:29 +0100

Le 16.12.2022 00:08, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
1) simplicity of maintaining a static website [*]: it is just easy to
develop it locally, test it... no need for a webserver. This is how I
maintain(ed) the GS website until its current fate. Very convenient
and always available "on the go" where I had a CVS checkout

Why not using a static CMS ? There is no database, you can allways text edit, track change on Git, etc. It is easier than html/css/js coding everything. Some of them are markdown based. It could make easy for everyone to contribute and help maintaining the website.

The Framasoft people were promoting Grav as a good flat-file CMS.
https://getgrav.org/

There exist many other no database static CMS, even wiki ones. I can quickly install and provide some of them on a test Yunohost server if needed.

Xavier