Re: GNUMail running on macOS 12.6 (Apple Silicon)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUMail running on macOS 12.6 (Apple Silicon)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 01:31:26 +0200

Hi Ondrej,

Ondrej Florian wrote:

The result is the same.
IMAP seems to get only half of all messages in a folder.
fetch never finishes because it seems like the messages IDs do not correspond to the request IDs (?)

That is very strange. Any error in the console?

I am using yahoo.com IMAP server.
Body/content of the message doesn't seem to make a difference.

Oh, I just asked, I have some messages that do not load on Mac, but do load on GNUstep. I tried to have a look, but without success.

On GNUstep I think you experience issues with saving attachments, I noticed you supplied a PR for multiple clicks. However, a single click should be sufficient.

Please test my new PR:
https://github.com/gnustep/libs-gui/tree/AttachmentIndexFix

It does wonders for me and fixes a nuisance that bugged me for years.

I can send you log of all requests and responses, if this helps.

BTW: what source do you use? Maybe I am using the wrong one.

Current development is "unofficially" forked and happens here:
http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnustep-nonfsf/

|svn co svn://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/gnustep-nonfsf

As you happen, update, since I committed a fix on GNUMail about store memory management which needs to be tested.

(Florian is my last name ;-)

Oh, sorry. Florian is also a perfect surname, a full-fledged Saint protecting from fires. So hard to tell.

Riccardo