Re: Emoji support in textfields

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Emoji support in textfields
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 00:49:27 +0100

Hello namesake,

Riccardo Canalicchio wrote:
I am wondering if anyone would be interested in having support for emojis in libs-gui 🤓

absolutely not ;-)

However both GNUmail and TalkSoup have am emoticon plugins - but it is not exactly emoji: it is old-school replacement of text with icons, so it is backend independent and font independent. So more of those phone-style icons are missing, since they don't have a direct text representation.

I suppose more you want to use unicode and specific fonts?

Riccardo