Re: wm compatibility

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: wm compatibility
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:14:28 +0200

Yes, GNUstep has a known issue with tiling window managers. At the moment I
cannot remember the exact cause. It must be something about window sizing and
placing. GNUstep expects to have full control of these and this is not the case
for for tiling window managers. As tiling window managers haven’t been that
popular the demand to look into this and finding a workaround hasn’t been huge.
If you really need this feature I could explain to you how to get more debug
information about what is going on and maybe you could suggest a solution or
workaround based on that.

Hope this helps,
Fred