Re: migrate 500+ batch jobs written in Objective C running on MAC OS to

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: migrate 500+ batch jobs written in Objective C running on MAC OS to Linux
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 20:11:15 +0200

Hello Arshad,

hard to tell if somebody did the same thing, but I would make some
considerations
1 - batch jobs do not have a GUI, so GNUstep might be wells uited, our
Foundationis of high quality and you avoid interface issues
2 - do these jobs rely on mac specific kits not avaiable outisde
Foundation/AppKit (e.g. "pure Cocoa")
3 - do these job use specifc Mac Unix functions which are not POSIX ?

without knowing some details, it is just a typical IT wild guess.,
imagine just one of these jobs depending on something missing and you
have extra work.

Otherwise, jobs are usually command-line tools and I have some running
on mac, linux, BSD and solaris without issues.

Riccardo

Arshad Hasnain via Discussion list for the GNUstep programming