Re: Call to stop contributing

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Call to stop contributing
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 19:10:04 -0400

Umberto,

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 6:56 PM Umberto Cerrato <umbertocerrato@outlook.it> wrote:
Hello everyone,

“Hurting the project” ahah. Are you serious?

What is this supposed to mean? Say what you really think, don't be shy.  If you have something derogatory or sarcastic to say, then say it out, don't hide behind innuendo.

Anyway,
I do want to spend some time to comment this.

I think the person who came up with this issue did a good thing. It is very important to not focus just “on code”. We are not automata and it is instead very important to discuss each other (discuss-gnustep seems the right place to do it).

Wrong. The purpose of this list is for discussions about GNUstep, not political hogwash.

People who get to code together have to stay in a nice and comfortable place. Again, it is important to give the right importance to things. Coding is nice, but nobody should let her/himself distracted by the “real”(?) issues. (As this one could be, but everything I am going to say should be good for other times too.)

The core team could meet and discuss about the issue if they want/the majority wants to deepen the thing. (As you are already doing). But I would say email is not a great tool to come to a compromise (or a decision).

Also from my understanding Johannes did not invite the group to “stop coding” but instead to dissociate yourself by an organisation that in his opinion made a bad decision.

Apparently, I misread "I'm calling on people to stop coding on this project" twice then.
I am done.
I thought I had to comment on this for the way the majority of the people here replied to the first email. I do not really care about the FSF or GNU.

SMH...

GC

--
Gregory Casamento