Re: Call to stop contributing

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: Call to stop contributing
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 07:58:17 +0100

Gregory,

On 26 Mar 2021, at 22:36, Gregory Casamento wrote:

I utterly fail to see the parallel between me asking for a CoC to be considered and you posting an open letter calling for the removal of RMS from all leadership positions and for us to stop contributing to this project.  Equating the two discussions is absolutely ludicrous.

I was linking to that letter, but I was not calling for the removal of RMS. I was calling RMS and the FSF to set up a CoC that makes it clear in a way which can not be misunderstood that they do in no way tolerate or even accept abusive behaviour against children and women.

If they do not one will have to conclude they implicitly tolerate and accept such behaviour and such opinions. So this is entirely about a CoC.

Thank you for your support, Niels.

I’m again calling anyone who has got a mother or a sister, a wife or a daughter to stop contributing to this project until RMS and the FSF have set up a corresponding CoC or otherwise remove him- or herself from the project and to then set free the valuable source code and software of this project.

Johannes