Re: Call to stop contributing

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Call to stop contributing
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 18:03:44 +0100

Thank you for speaking up Johannes!

I wholeheartedly support your position and would encourage everybody to consider it carefully. I am similarly appalled by the FSF's decision, which to me demonstrates that the FSF would rather foster a culture where abusive behaviours are tolerated and thus tacitly encouraged than one of true collaboration between equal individuals who value each other as such and take responsibility for their actions. This is not only antithetical to the collaborative ethos of the sociotechnical experiment called "free software", but also to my personal values. For that reason, I have already informed the FSF (and Greg) yesterday that I will no longer assign copyright of any future contributions to the FSF until the core issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Niels