NeXTstep interface

From: Simon Gornall
Subject: NeXTstep interface
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 15:43:23 -0700

So I came across this (https://www.ninamakes.co.uk/builds/next-computer-replica-raspberry-pi-case/) and it’d be pretty cool to have a NeXT-like interface running on the Pi in that enclosure, and I assume running GNUstep is the best way to do something like that.

Any hints on what’s the best way to go about this, starting from scratch ?

Is it even possible to get the NeXT window manager experience ? Etoile looks to have a different ‘look-and-feel’ from the screenshots I’ve seen, although Nextspace (https://github.com/trunkmaster/nextspace) looks pretty realistic to my untutored eye, and also runs with Centos 8, although it may not work with the PI (it looks pretty focussed on x86).

Cheers
Simon