Buildtool : other attempt to build a ported app : the Bean.app example

From: Patrick Cardona
Subject: Buildtool : other attempt to build a ported app : the Bean.app example
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 21:46:22 +0200

Hi All,

Unlike 'PBXbuilder -g', I did not find the way to generate Makefiles with buildtool. It would appropriate to avoid the Bean_Prefix.pch before starting the make process.

So, I tried this workaround :

1) I Modified : Bean_Prefix.pch like this :

pi@raspberrypi:~/Fabrique/gap/ported-apps/Util/Bean $ cat Bean_Prefix.pch
//
// Prefix header for all source files of the 'Bean' target in the 'Bean' project//
#ifdef GNUSTEP
    /* GNUstep code goes here ... */
        #import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
        #import <AppKit/AppKit.h>
#else
    /* OS-X Cocoa native code goes here ... */
   #ifdef __OBJC__
     #import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>
   #endif
#endif

2) I added the USER target domain...

pi@raspberrypi:~/Fabrique/gap/ported-apps/Util/Bean $ export GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN=USER && buildtool

(...)
        * Building JHScroller.m
        * Building JHDocumentController.m
=== Sources Build Phase Completed
=== Executing Frameworks Build Phase (Application)
        * Linking build/Bean/Products/Bean.app/Bean
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-shared-libgcc' [-Wunused-command-line-argument]
=== Frameworks Build Phase Completed
=== Done...
=== Completed Executing Target Bean
=== Completed Building Project
** Build Succeeded

3) ANd I did the same to install...

pi@raspberrypi:~/Fabrique/gap/ported-apps/Util/Bean $ ls build/Bean/Products/
Bean.app

pi@raspberrypi:~/Fabrique/gap/ported-apps/Util/Bean $ export GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN=USER && buildtool install
** Start operation Install
=== Installing Project
=== Applying Build Configuration Release
=== Done Applying Build Configuration for Release
=== Installing Target Bean
Abandon

Why 'abandon' : what is the error ? No more message from buildtool...

And so I did not find the way to show a help syntaxis nor a man page to get the right way to use this tool.

Cheers,
Patrick