Re: Objective-C Beginner's Guide

From: Daniel Boyd
Subject: Re: Objective-C Beginner's Guide
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 15:32:42 -0500

I think this is a better intro guide:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/ProgrammingManual/manual_1.html

As for why your code isn’t compiling, tough to say without seeing hello.m, but couple thoughts: did you include

 #import <Object.h>

And in your interface declaration, did you include the “ : Object” at the end: e.g.

@interface Greeter : Object

I haven’t used Object.h (I use Foundation.h as in the example I included). GNUStep objects are typically instantiated with [[obj alloc] init] rather than [obj new]

Sent from my iPhone